Dear parents and carers,
I just wanted to send out some information to confirm the continued plan for this week, 18 to 22nd of May, which is the same as last week.
|PHASE 1||Essential Students||Kindy
|Year 1 –
|Year 1 –
5 & 6
The advice from the Department of Education continues to be as follows:
Parents can now
- Send your child/children to school one day a week.
- You are encouraged to keep your child at home for the rest of the week wherever possible.
- Check with your school to see which day of the week your child/children should attend.
- Use the school canteen and uniform shop where appropriate hygiene measures are in place.
Parents must continue to
- Follow your school’s advice regarding changes to drop off and pick up, including staying in your car when dropping off and picking up your child/children if safe to do so.
- Maintain social distancing by avoiding gathering outside of school gates.
- Make sure your child/children have access to lunch and snacks, noting some canteens may not be operating at this stage.
- Support your child/children to continue learning at home on remote learning days.
- Communicate with your school via email and phone wherever possible
- Follow health advice and keep your child/children at home if they are unwell.
We have not yet received any further information about when the next phase will begin, however we do expect this information soon. I understand that this is frustrating but rest assured as soon as we know we will let you know. Further information about what future phases look like can be found here: https://education.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/advice-for-families/managed-return-to-school-guide-for-families#tabs1
Please note: we understand that families are self-isolating and have chosen not to return to school at all for the moment. If this is the case for you, please make sure that you are in regular contact with the school and are continuing with learning at home, either online or by working through the learning packs put together by your child’s teacher. If we do not hear from you or have no evidence that learning is taking place, your child needs to be marked as absent.
We really appreciate your patience and support, to maintain the required social distancing to keep our community safe.