Dear parents and carers,
In 2020, in partnership with the P&C, we hope to offer group guitar lessons after school.
We have been working alongside a company called Guitar Club to find a framework that would work for our setting.
After much discussion, the proposed model:
- will be taught by a primary school trained guitar teacher
- is 8 group lessons per term with 6-10 students
- has 4o minute lessons from 3.30-4.15 on Mondays
- is predominantly for students in Year 2-6 (acceptations may be made for Year 1 students based on well developed fine motor skills)
- requires involved families to support including supervising play from 3.00-3.30
- requires $200 up front cost per term, made to P&C (part payments could be organised if required)
- will provide equity support for families experiencing financial hardship (application/meeting required)
The school owns ten 1/2 size guitars suitable for students in Year 3 and up. Students who require a smaller guitar, will need a 1/4 or 3/4 guitar at a cost of approximately $80-90, which Guitar Club can obtain on our behalf.
NSW Government Creative Kids Vouchers can be used to deduct the first terms fees by $100. Details of how you can do this will be communicated upon enrolment.
Please complete the Guitar Club EOI form, if you are interested. Please also use this form to give feedback/suggestion or ask questions.
I will share the results of this expression of interest with Guitar Club during the holidays, if viable, we hope to start in week 2 of term 1.