Dear parents and carers,
Welcome back to the 2021 school year.
We look forward to seeing your children start school this Friday 29th January, if they are in Years 1-6 and next Wednesday the 3rd of February, if they are starting Kindergarten.
Please read below the current arrangements in relation to COVID and our school context.
- Parents and carers can enter the school to:
- purchase or pick up uniforms from the uniform shop
- meet with school staff with an appointment
- drop off Kindergarten and Years 1, 2 students to their classroom for the first week of school.
- attend parent orientation/Best Start meetings for Kindergarten and ‘meet the teacher’ meetings with school staff for all year/stage groups.
- Staff and students are not required to wear masks while at school. Staff and students are permitted to wear their own mask if they choose.
- School gatherings are limited to 30 people indoors and 30 people outdoors.
- NSW Health advised that communal water fountains and/or bubblers in NSW schools can now be turned on. We encourage students to bring water bottles from home that they can refill when needed.
- Swimming and other sporting carnivals can proceed with a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place.
- P&C meetings can occur after school hours with restrictions.
- Parents and carers should be reminded that students must not attend school if they are unwell, even with the mildest of symptoms. Students must return a negative COVID-19 test and be symptom free prior to returning to school.
We will be in touch soon to discuss how we will proceed with the following events:
- Meeting the Teacher Evening – scheduled for week 3 (8th – 12th Feb)
- Goal Setting Interviews – scheduled for week 6 (1st – 5th March)
Lisa Haller | Principal